Monday, January 11, 2010

We are truly loved

“ Not many of you were wise by human standards, not many were influential, not many were of noble birth, But, God CHOSE the foolish things of the world, to shame the wise, God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things and the despised things and the things that are not to nullify the things that are, so that no one can boast before Him.” (1 Corinthians 1:26-30)

When I read these verses, I get so excited, because here I see beyond a doubt that God loves..I mean really LOVES to take the worse possible circumstances and turn them around. He chose you and me because He saw lives that He could transform, that He could bless and lavish with His love. When we grasp the amazing miracle of a second chance at life, we can with all honesty say, ‘I have done nothing to deserve this gift!’
God has chosen us out of the depths of the world to Love him, to know Him and praise Him.

At one point in our lives, we were nothing in the eyes of the world; we were mistreated and left to fend for ourselves. What Satan intended for harm, God has turned around for our good. He gives us a promise that He will never leave us or forsake us and God will never go back on His Word.

“For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. THEN you will call upon me and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when me seek with all your heart….I will be found by you declares the Lord …(Jeremiah 29:11-14)

All throughout the Bible, God over and over states His commitment, His affection for the fatherless, the orphans. God has clearly chosen us, but like in every friendship, we also need to choose. Today, we have a choice; we are no longer powerless, because God has put freedom in our hands. He will not push us; He will walk with us, love us, encourage us, believe in us, hope and wait with open arms.

Today if you are having doubts or questions about who God is, don’t feel guilty! Everyone has to work out the knots and kinks in their lives; it is part of this messy world but remember that God wants to help you with the process. Give God a chance and a little room in your life, because, “He who began a good work in you will carry it out to completion”... (Philippians 1:6)

“Be still and know that I am God…..Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor my covenant of peace be removed says the Lord who has compassion on you, O afflicted city lashed by storms and not comforted….you will go out with Joy and be led forth in peace, the mountains and the hills will burst in song before you and all the trees of the field will clap their hands…I have redeemed you, I have summoned you by name…You Are Mine.” ( Isaiah 54:10-12; Isaiah 55:12; Isaiah 43:1)

1 comment: